One of the most popular jobs completed through studentgems is logo design. We get lots of startups who need a logo and it is a perfect job for a graphic design student. We also find plenty of new businesses who are not sure of the questions to ask or what they need to think about when getting a logo designed... so here are our tips.
· Establish a clear brief to include timings and cost.
· Include delivery of concept designs and proofs if appropriate.
Concept and Style
· What sort of style portrays the correct image?
· Give examples of what you do like and what you definitely don’t like.
· What colour(s) do you want?
· Do you want black and white versions of the logo?
· Will the logo look good printed in black and white? (How might it look if a customer prints your document on a black and white printer?)
· Agree a cost based on the finished logo, not per hour.
· How many alterations are covered within this cost?
· How will you receive the logo – email or CD?Think about what the logo is for and consider the files needed. Defaults are JPEG, PNG, PDF, High Res TIF (300dpi) and scalable EPS. These file formats should be all you need for professional printing purposes as well as web design.